P Anna Johnson
"We shape clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want."
~ Tao Te Ching
Drinking from a hand made mug and eating from a hand made bowl links the user to
the maker. The sense of humanity and humility is enhanced. Through the simple act of eating and drinking from vessels made by the human hand, one takes a small step on the journey towards peace and healing.
- 1963-1964: Studied Ceramics at the East Sydney Technical College, Sydney, Australia.
- 1964: Awarded first prize for hand built stoneware pot at the Warratah Festival, Sydney, Australia.
- 1974: Recipient of grant from the Australia Council for the Arts to equip a pottery studio.
- 1999: Resumed studies in ceramics at the Seward Park Art Studio, Seattle, Washington.
- 2005-present: Makes thrown and hand built stoneware at the Dorothy Steele Studio, 1100 SE Woodward, Portland, OR 97202.
- 2006-present: Member of the Oregon Potters Association.